“I just want to be happy.”
Most people, when asked what they want in life, know one thing for certain: they want to be happy. They may not know exactly what they want and they may not yet know their purpose, but they do know that they want a positive happy life.
The good news is that a happy life is within reach. In fact it’s very, very close. A positive life is as close as your next decision. Truly. Good habits lead to a happy and balanced life.
Audio Article – Good Habits List
Happy is simple. A positive life is simple. In fact, most important things are like that. Simple… but not easy.
Never easy… Always worth it!
~LeAura Alderson, cofounder-iCreateDaily
Good Habits for a Happy Life
Your ticket to a better life, more love, and more success is only a decision away, and it begins with positive habits. So we’ve created a short—but significant—good habits list, to help you anchor your decision to live a better life.
More than an actual list, these are conceptual habits worth implementing as a part of a healthy, happy, balanced life.
“I am one decision away from a totally different life.”
~Mel Robbins, American commentator, author, speaker
These are expanded below, but in short, here are four pillar habits for a happy life.
4 Good Habits List for a Happy Life
- Daily creating – sets the momentum for success.
- Daily learning – keeps your brain agile and your business growing.
- Daily loving – love each day and the people in it and you will find joy.
- Daily movement – move vigorously, daily, for a vital vibrant life.
Four Core Concepts
These four habits describe a way of life. They’re super simple, yet together they create a solid foundation for a happy, healthy life. Put these simple good habits to work for you and they will — work for you! Good habits create a good life and help you feel good about yourself.
Happiness is actually so simple it can be missed.
For a boost of inspiration and resiliency, you will definitely enjoy the Mel Robbins quotes and video in this article. Also, this other article which has a “success indicator” graphic, plus some great shareable memes and useful and inspiring information.
Good habits are the foundation upon which a good life is built.
Daily good habits are the bricks in the wall of success.
~LeAura Alderson, author, entrepreneur, cofounder-iCreateDaily
Now, to elaborate on these four core habits that create a stable foundation for positivity and success.
1. Create Daily
Create a positive day with simple but powerful good habits.
- Create Purpose – Get up early – Don’t hit snooze
- Set, track and achieve goals / keep a goals journal
- Create Positivity – associate with and immerse in positive growth minded people, places and things
- Create Mindset – A positive mindset makes all the difference. Choose empowering positivity.
- Don’t turn on the news
2. Learn Daily
Create the life you want to live.
- Prioritize learning – Learn something new: tune into podcasts, videos, books, articles on topics that interest you.
- Pursue interests – What are you interested in? Commit to and schedule pursuing your interests.
- Discipline – Don’t let how you feel get in the way of what you want.
3. Love Daily
Give the love you want to have.
- Gratitude – Start your day in gratitude – identify at least three things for which you are grateful.
- Kindness – Others you encounter are simply beings in need of love. Appreciate others—and yourself.
- Contribution – In helping others we help ourselves. Giving, helping and kindness connect us with divinity.
4. Move Daily
Our bodies were made to move… so be sure to.
- Exercise – Start the day with brisk exercise, even if you only have a minute.
- Move – Move vigorously, walk briskly, do something vigorous that gets your heart rate up and deepens your breathing.
- Stretch – It’s your job to maintain your one body. Don’t neglect it and it will serve you well.
If you still want more specifics, here’s nice long list of good habits.
100 Good Habits List
- Eat what your body needs
- Focus on the positives and you’ll have more of that
- Eat to live, don’t live to eat
- Early to bed, early to rise
- Active lifestyle with ample time outdoors in fresh air
- Drink lots of fresh water
- Aztec clay mask for facial rejuvenation – other other favorite, but remember to care for and nurture yourself
- Associate with positive people and activities
- Do what you think you should do
- Do the things that will make you proud of yourself
- Do what you say you’re going to do
- Spend time being creative
- Spend time with positive people
- Avoid negative news and media
- Do not gossip. The person gossiping with you today will gossip about you tomorrow
- Pursue work and hobbies you enjoy
- Pursue learning daily
- Feed your mind uplifting thoughts
- Eat the healthy food you like first instead of giving into cravings
- Feed your emotions positivity (instead of emotional junk food)
- Feed your soul spiritual inspiration
- Love others… especially when it’s hard to
- Express gratitude often
- Listen to your intuition
- Question everything (politely)
- If you can do work you love the work you do
- Bring love to whatever you do
- Bring creativity to your work, including menial tasks
- Create beauty wherever you go
- Give genuine compliment to others often
- Make your bed
- Take care of your body
- Keep your environment clean and orderly
- Keep your body, mind and emotions clean
- Remember to laugh often
- Remember to laugh and play
- Be true to you – do not try to pretend
- Don’t take yourself so seriously
- Avoid drama
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Breath deeply, often
- Meditate daily to create space and perspective in your busy brain
- Appreciate the little things
- Practice reverence
- Loving, kind and compassionate
- Honesty and authenticity
- Helpfulness and caring
- Hopefulness and optimism
- Openness and receptivity
- Eager to learn / learner’s mindset
- A large glass of lemon water first thing in the morning, (cool, warm or hot)
- Daily herbal teas with health benefits
- Coconut oil for inside and outside of the body
- Plenty of fresh organic foods
- An apple a day
- Volunteer or help someone
- Make a donation to a cause you love
- Fresh herbs added to your salads and cooking
- Organic coffee with butter and MCT oil
- Brush your teeth 2-3x/day
- Floss your teeth at least once / day at bedtime
- Do not eat 3 hours before bedtime
- Brush and floss your teeth right after dinner to help avoid nighttime snacking
- Warm milk with honey and nutmeg for trouble sleeping
- Blue blocker glasses for nighttime computing
- Spend less time on social media so that you can spend more time on what matters in your life
- Imagine yourself at the end of a long and happy life. What blessings will you want to be able to recount?
- Visioning – create a vision board of the life you want to live, then set your goals to make it happen one step, one day at a time.
- Enjoy fresh fruit smoothies or protein smoothies instead of soda and frapps
- Do more than is expected (most people see how little they can get by with. Don’t be that person
- Transmute negative thoughts to the positive alternative
- When you dislike something or someone, find something for which to be grateful
- Forgive. The people who have harmed you can only do so because they’re wounded or ignorant or both
- Be generous. Abundance is a law of the universe. Even when things are tight, consider where in your life there is abundance and focus on that
- Get out in nature whenever possible. Nature is restorative and offers perspective
- Avoid the dramas and media “story of the day”
- Avoid bad news and clickbait links to tabloid articles to “find out what happened”
- Focus on solutions instead of problems
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, accept it and move on
- Read, watch or listen to something inspiring each day, even if it’s just a quote to reflect on
- Set quarterly goals, then plan how to achieve them through monthly, weekly and daily actions (download this free 30-day goals PDF)
- Plan daily actions based on what you want to have achieved by day’s end, preferably beginning the night before
- Keep your home stocked with healthy foods
- Cook home cooked nutritious meals from scratch
- Avoid complaining and complainers
- Don’t waste time rehashing the bad stuff that happens. Instead move onto create new positive experiences
- Associate with and learn from people who are where you want to go and who have achieved goals you aspire to
- Exercise daily – outside in the fresh air as often as possible, but get moving and vigorous
- Practice self awareness through introspection and personal development
- Do yoga or deep stretching several times a week
- Dance like nobody’s watching
- Laugh, smile and celebrate something daily
- Begin and end the day with gratitude
- Whenever you’re down or stuck do something to get unstuck ASAP
- Believe that if you can dream it, you can achieve it, then get to work
- Listen to a beautiful song that touches your heart and moves your soul
- Handwrite and mail a thank you note to someone at least once a month
Good habits build the dwelling of your life.
~LeAura Alderson, author, entrepreneur, cofounder-iCreateDaily
A movement for creators serious about your art.
Hello! I’m LeAura, an autodidactic former homeschooling mom, personal development advocate, entrepreneur, author, ideator, web publisher, and podcaster, passionate about helping others achieve their best possible life!
While my greatest teacher is Life… my formal training includes certifications in mediation, fitness trainer, and strategic intervention coaching, including marriage and family. My favorite is helping people discover and grow their incredible potential.
Today, the synergy of creating websites, articles and podcasts, brings together all my favorite things: learning, growth, creating, connecting and contributing. To share these with you is a privilege, that serves my lifelong aspiration to help others.
My personal areas of creativity are in writing, masterminding, ideation and bringing ideas to life through business and entrepreneurship.
Want to submit your photos, videos and/or article content for publication? We love to consider your contribution for publication! email@example.com