Today’s guest is Joshua Robertson, a fantasy fiction author whom we first interviewed on episode #9. Joshua has so much going on this year and knows so much about book promotion through conferences and other venues that we wanted to bring him back on the show for an update on his business and book promotion information that may help other authors.
Joshua is a dark fantasy author with fourteen titles under his name, his most prominent series called, The Thrice Nine Legends. He’s not only a writing machine, but a dad to nine children, virtual English teacher to children in China, and of course the husband of author Lilian Oake!
Lilian Oake’s photo of Joshua Robertson standing in their joint booth at the Steel City Con – Pennsylvania’s premier Comic Con!
We got a chance to catch up Lilian last week where she briefly talked about the 40 book conventions they’re attending this year. In this episode, Joshua will be going in-depth in their book business and how both of them are managing their brand building and bookselling.
- Overview of the past 6-months of Josh’s year
- Introvert vs Extrovert personality for branding
- Emotions, meditation, and how it relates to writing
- Video editing & branding tools
- 1-3 top strategies Josh has discovered
- Freelance writing jobs he’s done
- Josh’s journey with scriptwriting & visions for his work on screen
- Types of conventions to look into
- Pros & Cons of large and small conventions
- How and when you should approach going to conventions
- Branding is key for sales
- Advertising, social media, and marketing tips
- Cover art, booth banners, and brand essentials
- Artists Joshua works with for covers & brand banners
- So much more!
This interview is crammed with so many helpful tips, advice, and experiences! Josh and Lilian have gone to a convention every weekend on 2018 (so far!).
- Open Broadcaster Software for Video Branding (free tool)
- Episode 09: Fantasy Books and World Building with Joshua Robertson
- Episode 54: Writing Fantasy Books for Teens – Author Lilian Oake
- 90 Day Goals Journal
- I’ll Write, I’ll Write, I’ll Write, T-shirt
Hello! I’m LeAura, owner and co-creator of iCreateDaily.com®. As an autodidactic philosopher, generalist, personal development advocate, entrepreneur, writer, editor, author, ideator, media publisher, and podcaster, I’m passionate about helping others achieve their best possible life! Our small family of entrepreneurs, writers, investors, educators and creators own and run websites around topics we enjoy, such as gardening, health and fitness, creativity and pets, with more to come.
While my greatest teacher is Life… my formal training includes certifications in mediation, fitness, and strategic intervention coaching, including marriage and family. Today, the synergy of creating websites, articles and podcasts, brings together all my favorite things: family, learning, growth, creating, connecting and contributing. To share these with you is a privilege, that serves my lifelong aspiration to help others.
My personal areas of creativity are in writing, masterminding, ideation, synthesis and bringing ideas to life through business and entrepreneurship, all with a pervasive spiritual foundation with a focus on elevating the lives of others.
Want to submit your photos, videos and/or article content for publication? We love to consider your contribution for publication! firstname.lastname@example.org