Carla Sonheim who is a painter, illustrator, and creativity workshop instructor. Carla is known for her fun and innovative projects and techniques designed to help adult students rediscover a more spontaneous, playful approach to creating.
Carla is the author of three instructional art books, including:
- Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists: 52 Creative Exercises to Make Drawing Fun
- Drawing and Painting Imaginary Animals: A Mixed-Media Workshop and
- The Art of Silliness: A Creativity Book for Everyone.
In 2012 Carla co-authored Creative Photography Lab with her husband, Steve Sonheim. Steve and Carla offer online classes in drawing, painting and mixed media with a variety of talented teachers, and we’re eager to dive into Carla’s story.
- Carla’s story
- How Carla started creating art courses
- How her former publishing career helped her
- Turning art classes to art books
- Making money online with art classes
- How Carla and her husband became business partners
- Working with other art teachers
- How Carla created a business to support her lifestyle & health
- Using art to heal and work through clinical depression
- Carla’s future goal and vision for the next few years
Hey! I’m Devani, a multi-passionate creator who enjoys honing the craft of writing (mostly;)), photography, cooking, podcasting, learning about business, and growing brands. I’m the former co-host of the iCreateDaily Podcast with LeAura Alderson (my mom), and co-founded the iCreateDaily brand. I hope through the content and products we produce, you will be inspired to start, sustain, and succeed in your goals.
My non-business and artistic hobbies include: enjoying a good movie, discovering obscure but epic music, obsessing over The Beatles, and developing fictional stories in my head. My Maltese dog, Caspian, provides an insane amount of creative inspiration by just being his adorable self. #HeWokeUpLikeThat. 😉
Want to submit your photos, videos and/or article content for publication? We love to consider your contribution for publication! firstname.lastname@example.org