Our guest today has super important information about SEO for artists and writers interested in growing their business.
Jason McDonald teaches business owners the art and science of getting anything to the top of search engines. Director of the JM Internet Group, this brilliant SEO & Digital Marketing expert, is the author of the popular Amazon best-seller digital marketing workbooks – SEO Fitness, Social Media Marketing, and AdWords Workbooks.
In 1994, before digital marketing was even a thing, Jason started his own technology blog, focused on the domain eg3.com, which reached over 50,000 subscribers in the digital systems niche.
Today, through teaching digital marketing courses and corporate workshops, Jason pursues his passion for taking complex topics and making them easy to understand and practical for small business owners.
What does SEO stand for?
We all hear the acronym, but do you know it? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. But what does that mean?! That’s exactly what our guest is going to share!
- Jason’s story
- A new way to look at technical knowledge
- How to get found using SEO strategies
- White hat SEO vs Blackhat SEO
- How to avoid bad (black hat) SEO agencies & freelancers
- SEO tips for authors
- Fiction vs non-fiction SEO ranking
- Adjunct topics for long tail SEO
- What creators can learn from Andy Warhol
- SEO examples for artists
- Tips for getting Amazon reviews
- Areas of business Jason currently struggles with
- Jason’s dreams for the future
- What is SEO writing
- 1-3 tips Jason does for his business
- Closing advice
You can’t produce something and think it’s going to magically be discovered. You have to promote your work.~Jason McDonald
Listen on iTunes ~ Listen on Stitcher ~ Listen on Google Play
- JM Internet Group
- Jason McDonald’s SEO and Marketing books
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide
- Amazon SEO Strategy and Search Term Optimization by SEMRush
- Shop Improvement and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) by Etsy
- The Philosophy of Andy Warhol
- On Writing, A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
- Real Artists Don’t Starve by Jeff Goins
- BetaBooks.co – free service for authors to grow an audience by publishing your content
- The 90 Day Goals Journal
- The keyword tool we use
Hey! I’m Devani, a multi-passionate creator who enjoys honing the craft of writing (mostly;)), photography, cooking, podcasting, learning about business, and growing brands. I’m the former co-host of the iCreateDaily Podcast with LeAura Alderson (my mom), and co-founded the iCreateDaily brand. I hope through the content and products we produce, you will be inspired to start, sustain, and succeed in your goals.
My non-business and artistic hobbies include: enjoying a good movie, discovering obscure but epic music, obsessing over The Beatles, and developing fictional stories in my head. My Maltese dog, Caspian, provides an insane amount of creative inspiration by just being his adorable self. #HeWokeUpLikeThat. 😉
Want to submit your photos, videos and/or article content for publication? We love to consider your contribution for publication! firstname.lastname@example.org